At just 60-years-young, Curtis continues to hunt hard. He is normally a listener of the podcast, but today he joins us as the guest — to tell us a story from his muzzleloader elk hunt this past fall. We discuss...
- Why he continues to hunt elk solo
- How he trains to be able to hunt the backcountry in his 60s
- How he stays motivated to hunt when the conditions are tough
- Simple ways he tracks and patterns elk when they are tough to find
- What led to him making a big mistake with a knife and how he cared for the injury
- Why he didn't seek immediate medical attention after a pretty serious wound
- How his home and family life contribute to his hunting
- And much more!
Resources mentioned in this episode...
- Error Precursors PDF: training.lbl.gov/ehs/training/ass…r-Precursors.pdf
- Mike Prevost Podcast: exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/230