The Backpack Hunt Breakdown is a new series for July of 2023. Each week we will have a new episode in this series, featuring a new guest and a different backpack-style hunt. For each of these conversations, we use the following categories to break down the hunt and understand what led to the eventual success of the hunt...
- PLANNING (the tag and hunt opportunity, scouting for animals/country/access, specific gear choices, etc)
- MANAGING (your time and energy, when to stay or move, using terrain to your advantage, etc)
- LIVING (water, food, clothing, shelter, comfort, and survivability in the backcountry)
- HUNTING (locating the game, the stalk/approach, the shot opportunity, post-shot tracking, etc)
- PACKING (pack out strategy and capabilities, meat care, etc)
For this week's episode, Ben Reynolds joins us to breakdown a solo sheep hunt that he completed in his home state of Alaska. Hunting sheep in Alaska is tough...doing it solo is tougher...dealing with the adversity of hunting in the late sheep season brings next-level challenges. Learn how Ben completed a solo backpack hunt that was truly an adventure and achievement of a lifetime.
BEN'S GEAR LIST: lighterpack.com/r/70gsbt