If you are interested in hunting big game in Arizona in 2024, or beyond, this episode is for you. We speak directly with the Arizona Game & Fish Department to understand how to hunt in Arizona, and also answer your listener-submitted questions about their point system, that status of their deer herd, how they set quotas and use adaptive management strategies, and more.
Resources for this episode...
- Arizona Game & Fish Department: www.azgfd.com/
- How The Draw Works: www.azgfd.com/hunting/hunt-draw-…nus-point-process/
- Hunt Guidelines & Recommendations: www.azgfd.com/hunting/regulation…uidelines-process/
- Mule Deer Working Group: wafwa.org/committees-working-g…-deer-working-group/
- Understanding Mule Deer and Antler Point Restrictions: wafwa.org/wpdm-package/fact-sh…-point-restrictions/
- Managing Hunting for Opportunity or Mature Bucks: wafwa.org/wpdm-package/fact-sh…ity-or-mature-bucks/