In this episode, we are "going deep" with John Barklow from Sitka Gear. This conversation will equip you to make better decisions in your selection of clothing (no matter the brand) for backcountry pursuits. We also discuss how to use different types of clothing layers effectively, how to combine layers efficiently, and some of the mistakes to avoid in the field.
If you want to take a deep-dive on the technology and application of apparel for hunting (again, regardless of brand), this is a conversation that you will certainly enjoy and learn from.
Resources mentioned in this episode...
- John's Newsletter: knowledgefromstorms.com/
- John's Instagram: www.instagram.com/jbarklow/
- The new Sitka Mountain Evo Jacket: www.sitkagear.com/collection/mountain-evo
- The Best (and Budget!) Clothes for Backpack Hunting: exomtngear.com/blogs/article/bes…t-hunting-clothes
Mark's 3 Favorite Sitka Pieces
- Ascent Pant: www.sitkagear.com/products/ascent-pant/pyrite
- Core Lightweight Hoody: www.sitkagear.com/products/core-li…-hoody/woodsmoke
- Ambient Hoody: www.sitkagear.com/products/ambient…ade-open-country