What is the perfect rifle for backpack hunts in the mountains? That is what Mark from Exo Mtn Gear has been trying to figure out for a handful of years. After buying, building, and trying different rifles and rifle components, Mark now has the perfect rifle for his needs and preferences.
Whether you are considering upgrading a factory rifle, or a full custom build may be in your future, the video and links below will help you learn more about folding chassis, suppressors and their use for hunting, and a whole lot more...
More Rifle Resources...
As Mark mentions in the video above, the links below will help you learn a lot more about rifles, chassis, suppressors, and even shooting techniques...
- Lessons Learned Building A Custom Rifle
- Hunting with Suppressors
- Shooting With A Pack & Trekking Poles
- XLR vs MDT Chassis Comparison
- Upgrading a Factory Tikka Rifle
Mark's Rifle Components
- Cartridge: 7 SAUM (Short Action Ultra Mag)
- Scope: Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42
- Scope Rings: Hawkins Precision Ultra Light Tactical
- Action: Defiance anTi-X
- Chassis: XLR Element 4.0 Magnesium
- Trigger: Timney Elite Hunter
- Magazine: Hawkins Precision Hunter Chassis
- Bipod: Mtn Gear
- Barrel: Proof Research Carbon Fiber
- Suppressor: Thunderbeast Ultra 5, Gen 2
Mark Huelsing is the host of the Hunt Backcountry Podcast and works at Exo Mtn Gear — though he's never been able to figure out his job title. Connect with Mark by sending him an email (mark at exomtngear.com) or DM @MarkTheFark on Instagram.